WHAT’S HAPPENING AT ST BARNABAS
Public Worship in the Sanctuary 10:00 a.m.
The Eleventh Sunday after Pentecost
* Please welcome The Rev. Sarah Nelson as our Resource Priest *
WHAT TO EXPECT:
*If indoors, masks must be worn. We will provide masks for anyone who needs them.
* You will be seated by one of the ushers when you arrive.
* Physical distancing must be adhered to while waiting to be seated. Members of the same family may sit together.
* The Order of Service for that day, along with the readings and notices, will have been placed on the pews. Please use this during the service and take it with you when you leave.
* Restrooms are closed except for emergencies.
* The Lounge, Office and Great Hall will be closed.
* There will be music but we will be unable to sing.
* Offerings can be left in the collection plate.
* Communion will be in one kind only. Communicants will line up before the altar to receive the host in the palm of their hand. The sacrament can be consumed once you are back in your seat.
* In this warmer weather, members may wish to bring bottled water to the service.
* Hand sanitizers will be available.
* An online service will be provided for those who cannot attend.
* A “virtual” coffee hour via Zoom will begin at 11:30 a.m.
All are invited, but we ask that all members, especially those with underlying health conditions, carefully assess the risk to themselves before attending.
If you aren’t sure if this is the right time for you to return to church, then don’t worry. We will continue to offer a service online services as before. Please see the Sunday morning email for a link to the service.
HOLY EUCHARIST on YOUTUBE
Sunday, August 16, 2020 – The Eleventh Sunday after Pentecost
The online service will include three hymns: an Opening Hymn – 537 Christ for the world we sing!, an Offertory Hymn – 542 Christ is the world’s true light; and a Closing Hymn – 539 O Zion, haste, thy mission high fulfilling, played by Dr. Michael Larkin, aided by Lisa Bowe, with lessons read by Lisa and Ed Rowles and the Prayers of the People led by Ed. The service will include a sermon by The Rev. Sarah Nelson.
St Barnabas has a YouTube channel.
To view our recent services, please click the link below.
ONLINE COFFEE HOUR Sunday, August 16, 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 pm
Join Senior Warden Ed Rowles for coffee and conversation following the Sunday Eucharist. Entry by the Zoom app. A link will be sent to parishioners on Sunday morning. If you are interested in joining, please contact Ed Rowles at or 302-562-4580.
SPECIAL BISHOP’S FORUM
Sunday, August 23
Our usual Coffee and Conversation on Sunday, August 23rd will be replaced by the “Bishop’s Forum with St Barnabas “. It will be by Zoom at 11:30 a.m. after the Sunday Worship. Bishop Brown will be joining us to share his insight and guidance.
ONLINE BIBLE STUDY
Tuesday, August 18 at 11:00 am
This week we look at chapter 20 of the First Book of Samuel. Bible study is conducted online via Zoom. Regular attendees will be sent a link on the day. If you are interested in joining, please please contact the office, tel. (302) 994 6607 or email .
A Prayer for all those affected by the Coronavirus
Keep us, good Lord,
under the shadow of your mercy.
Sustain and support the anxious,
be with those who care for the sick,
and lift up all who are brought low;
that we may find comfort
knowing that nothing can separate us from your love
in Christ Jesus our Lord.