Among the many ministries at St. Barnabas, several of them support the worship services. They are:
- Acolytes help lead the worship at the 10 a.m. Holy Eucharist. Acolytes serve in teams of three or four and range from 5th grade through high school. Each fall there is training for new acolytes and refresher training for current or previous acolytes. This ministry welcomes both boys and girls.
- The major responsibilities of the Altar Guild are preparation of the altars in the church and chapel for Sunday and weekday services. The Altar Guild ensures that the linens and hangings are properly laundered and that the right color for various church liturgical seasons are hanging.
- Communion assistants help with the worship and the Eucharist, including leading the Nicene Creed and the Prayers of the People. They administer the Chalice, the Blood of Christ (the wine) during the Eucharist, and when required, the Body of Christ (the bread).
- The Flower Guild creates arrangements not only for the Sanctuary but also for the Chapel and prepares two arrangements for the Altar Flower Delivery ministry. Special arrangements are created for Christmas and Easter.
- Greeters and ushers. Members of the Greeters’ Team extend a warm welcome to all individuals who attend worship services on Sunday mornings at 10:00, on Christmas Eve and Ash Wednesday, and at other special services. The Usher Ministry consists of a team of five members for the 10 a.m. service. The average commitment for an usher is slightly more than once per month. Ushers are available for funerals or memorial services when requested.
- Lesson readers. Readers are parishioners of all ages who read the Old Testament, Psalm, and New Testament lessons at each service throughout the year.