Holy Week and Easter
Lenten Potluck Suppers: Please join us Wednesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. during Lent (except during Holy Week) for a potluck supper followed by a Christian Education program. This year, Martha will lead a series: “Signs and Wonders — exploring some key symbols and themes from Scripture.” The general format will be dinner and fellowship, with a program beginning at 7:15 p.m.. This will usually be 20 minutes or so of presentation, a 1/2 hour of table conversation and/or group discussion, ending with a brief Compline service. Come, bring a friend and a potluck to share.
Mill Creek Ministerium: Once again this year, the Mill Creek Ministerium will be offering a 1/2 hour Lenten worship service followed by a simple soup and bread lunch every Wednesday beginning, February 21 through March 28 from 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m. at St. Philip’s Lutheran Church, 5320 Limestone Rd. The theme this year is “Hospitality.” The pastors take turns leading the service. It’s a great time to see some of our Christian friends from the other area churches, experience different liturgies and share a meal. Martha is preaching and leading worship on March 7.
Palm Sunday, March 25:
- There will be no Saturday 5:30 p.m. service or Sunday 8:00 a.m. worship service.
- Holy Eucharist service at 10:00 a.m.
Monday, March 26 – Saturday, March 31 8:00 a.m. in the Chapel.
Maundy Thursday, March 29: Agape Meal and service beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the Great Hall. It will be a Mediterranean potluck, with a dramatic reading and Holy Eucharist. We will move to the church for the Stripping of the Altar. There will be a Garden of Repose in Chapel.
Good Friday, March 30
- 10:00 a.m. Stations of the Cross at St. Barnabas’.
Holy Saturday, March 31
- There will be no 5:30 p.m. worship
- The Great Vigil of Easter begins at 7:00 p.m. outside in the Memorial Garden. After the service there will be a celebration with champagne and desserts in the Lounge.
Easter Day, April 1
- There will be no 8:00 a.m. worship
- Festival Holy Eucharist 10:00 a.m. Please join us for Coffee and an Easter Egg Hunt following the 10:00 a.m. service.