Holy Week and Easter
Lenten Luncheon Series: Once again this year, the Mill Creek Ministerium will be offering a 1/2 hour Lenten worship service followed by a simple soup and bread lunch every Wednesday beginning, February 21 through March 28 from 12:00 noon to 1:00 p.m. at St. Philip’s Lutheran Church, 5320 Limestone Rd. The theme this year is “Hospitality.” The pastors take turns leading the service. It’s a great time to see some of our Christian friends from the other area churches, experience different liturgies and share a meal.
Palm Sunday, March 26:
- No Saturday 5:30 p.m. worship.
- No Sunday 8:00 a.m. worship.
- 10:00 a.m. Blessing of the Palms in the Great Hall. Procession into Church, Passion Reading and Holy Eucharist.
Monday, March 26 – Saturday, March 31 8:00 a.m. to 8:20 a.m. in the Chapel.
Maundy Thursday, March 29: Agape Meal and service beginning at 6:30 p.m. in the Great Hall. It will be a Mediterranean potluck, with a simple service and Holy Eucharist. We will move to the Church for the Stripping of the Altar. There will be a Garden of Repose in Chapel.
Good Friday, March 30
- 10:00 a.m. Stations of the Cross at St. Barnabas’.
- 12:00 p.m. Ministerium service of 7 Last Words, at St. James’ Mill Creek.
Holy Saturday, March 31
- No 5:30 p.m. worship.
- 7:00 p.m. The Great Vigil of Easter. Service begins outside in the Memorial Garden. After the service there will be a celebration with champagne and dessert in the Lounge.
Easter Day, April 1
- No 8:00 a.m. worship.
- 10:00 a.m. Festival Holy Eucharist. Please join us for Coffee and an Easter Egg Hunt following the service.