The Arts at St. Barnabas’ is an annual arts series that expands cultural offerings for the parish and the wider community. Last year we featured The Brandywine Harp Orchestra, The Twin Poets (Delaware’s Poets Laureate), the Brandywine Pops Orchestra, and the play “Out of the Ashes,” and a vocal recital by Dr. Michael Larkin.
This year’s events are:
- The University of Delaware YChromes gave an awesome performance on November 11
- Brandywine Pops Orchestra Winter Concert, Friday, December 14, 7 PM
Michael Larkin, Conductor
A variety of delightful holiday music played by one of the area’s fine community Orchestras
- “Lenten Sketches” Ecumenical Concert, Sunday, March 31, 4 PM
Concert of music for the Season of Lent featuring The Lenten Sketches by Joseph Martin
- Willow Tree-O Program, Sunday, May 5, 4 PM
A wonderful program of Celtic music. Bring your voices”
Harpist: Melissa Heieie; Flutist: Susan Ryan; Cellist: Carolyn Hendrix
- The Wilmington Handbell Ensemble, Sunday, June 2, 4 PM
Kerry Dietz, Contuctor
Amazing artistry and music from the area’s premier handbell ensemble
All events take place in the St. Barnabas’ main sanctuary, and are free charge and open to the public. A reception with the artists follows the event.